Nestled in sunny Singapore, the vibrant red-dot of Asia, Design Sojourn is one of the world’s most exciting Strategic Design Consultancies. Just only 2.5 years old, this up and coming Design Consultancy has racked up a sizable portfolio of multi-disciplinary clients that span Government Institutions, Healthcare Organizations, Multi-National Companies, Medium-Sized Enterprises and Start-ups. Design Sojourn has earned a reputation for game changing strategies, exciting Design Driven Innovation, and is frequently commissioned for workshop and speaking engagements.
We are currently expanding our team, and are looking for someone to fill the role of: Design Researcher.
Here are the requirements:
1) Be a graduate with a Diploma or Degree in Design of any discipline. (People with non-design backgrounds will be considered, but must have required experience and submit a portfolio with relevant projects.)
2) Have a minimum 2 years of experience. (Exceptional fresh graduates will be considered.)
3) Owns a digital portfolio of projects that shows with a strong design process (with clear research and synthesis activities) that leads to smart, engaging and implementable solutions.
4) Have a positive outlook, flexible with a can-do attitude, articulate and a good communicator (verbal and written).
The responsibilities of a Design Researcher entail:
1) Human-centered research activities that involve both field and desktop research work.
2) Participating and co-facilitating in workshops.
3) Analysis and synthesis of said research work.
4) Designing and implementing solutions that would result from said research work.
5) Sorting, photography, photocopying, filing, writing, blogging, model making, Ctr+V/Ctr+C, walking, running etc. and anything else I can think of. (Just kidding on the last bit, but it may occasionally seem that way.)
Finally all interested applicants must already reside in Singapore, and able to work under the prevailing labor laws. Please send your documents to brian [at] designsojourn.com. Alternatively, you can to leave your burning questions in the comment section below.
Due to my huge email load, I regret to inform you that only short listed participants will be contacted and/or invited for a coffee chat. Thank you.
Love this post? Subscribe to The Design Sojourn Newsletter, for free, and get the latest content delivered right to your inbox with our 110% NO-SPAM Policy!
You can also follow me on Twitter and Facebook as well.